What if I am in the military or work abroad?

If you are in the military and out of state, you can file in Texas as long as either you or your spouse meets the residency requirements and if your spouse is out of state, can be served within Texas, has “minimum contacts” with Texas relating to the divorce and/or meets statutory provisions allowing the court to exercise jurisdiction over out of state residents.